school council executive
The Denlow School Advisory Council (SAC) is a group of parent volunteers that get together and work in collaboration with the school staff, Principal, and the Toronto District School Board (TDSB).
SAC's primary goals are to:
- Support and sponsor cultural/ arts, social, athletic, and STEM activities and events for students (eg. Scientist in the School, Yoga, DrumFit, etc)
- Foster a sense of school community with fundraising, participation or organization of events such as Halloween Bingo, movie night, and Fun Fair. We aim to enrich every student's experience at Denlow.
- Gather feedback from parents concerning various matters of interest.
SAC Executive nominations - due September 10th
Denlow has a tradition of many fun parent and student events. To continue with this, we need a committed group of Denlow parents who will be willing to lead and participate actively. This involves attending meetings, leading events, and generally communicating regularly throughout the school year. Getting involved with Denlow SAC Executive is a great way to have meaningful input into your childs' experience at Denlow!
If you have time and desire to be more actively involved, please nominate yourself (or others) to join the Denlow SAC Executive. Members of the Denlow SAC Executive will choose from the Executive:
- a SAC Chair and Co-chair - responsible for coordinating with the principal, recruiting volunteers, planning the SAC calendar of events, leading SAC meetings;
- a SAC Secretary - responsible for taking meeting minutes, and doing some light organizing;
- a SAC Treasurer - responsible for preparing budgets, keeping the SAC account up to date and reconciled, presenting budgets, and working with Chair to pay out funds for SAC initiatives
- Other SAC Executive members at large - responsible for leading SAC events or initiatives at the school, participating in SAC meetings with regular attendance, providing insight into student needs, communicating with general parent body, etc. Nominate yourself to be actively involved in a variety of ways that interest you!
TO NOMINATE YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE TO BE ON THE DENLOW SAC EXECUTIVE
Denlow SAC would like to invite you to the first SAC meeting of the year on Thurs, September 20th, 2018 at 7:00pm